SDRuno and Windows7

Post your feedback here
FleetingGlimpse

SDRuno and Windows7

Post by FleetingGlimpse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:21 am

Greetings,
I am contemplating installing SDRuno on a Windows7 System. Would appreciate any advise from other users of what sort of idiosyncrasies I may have to contend with.

Would I encounter less problems if I were to upgrade to Windows10 ?

I have been reading this https://www.sdrplay.com/docs/SDRuno_Windows7.pdf even though I consider myself to be 'computer literate' , I have issues with a few of the suggestions listed based on my previous experience with Windows7...In this case, too much 'tweaking' or optimization.

I have had very good results with a NooElec 0.5PPM TCXO RTL-SDR & ADS-B USB Receiver Set w/ Heavy Duty Aluminum Enclosure & Antenna. RTL2832U & R820T2 Tuner. Low-Cost Software Defined Radio under the command of SDRSharp and Windows10.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

I am eager to place the RSP2pro through it's paces, I hope I will not be disappointed.

Best Regards and Cheers to all.
Last edited by FleetingGlimpse on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

wq2h_

Re: SDRuno and Windows7

Post by wq2h_ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Every system is a little different, but you may find it works equally well on both platforms.

I've tried the RSP2pro, the RTL-SDR, and the SMArt/Ham it Up, with SDRuno, SDRSharp, and Cubic SDR on both 7 and 10 with very little trouble actually.

On the hardware side I would however recommend a decent front end overload protector of some kind. Good resource here: viewtopic.php?t=1832

Good luck!
Jim, WQ2H
Last edited by wq2h_ on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason