RSPduo with SDRplay on a Laptop

Post your feedback here
G4JUV

RSPduo with SDRplay on a Laptop

Post by G4JUV » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:07 pm

I think I have fixed some problems with a new Windows 10 laptop. SDRplay kept freezing. The fix: Turn off all seceen saver, screen locking and power saving features. Uncheck the USB setting associated with peripheral problems. In performance settings, turn off all the fancy features. I kept "show window contents" and "smooth screen fonts". And finally change the setting to optimise for background services instead of applications. So now my screen looks like Windows XP (an advantage) and lockups every few minutes seem to have stopped. I might also disable the network. Windows update is a resource hog. The receiver performance is pretty excellent. I had a FlexRadio 3000 which overloaded due to strong signals from TalkSport. The RSPduo picks out adjacent channels without a hint of interference. Now if only it worked under Linux ...
Last edited by G4JUV on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

G4JUV

Re: RSPduo with SDRplay on a Laptop

Post by G4JUV » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:13 am

Update: I re-installed windows without all the useless guff that new machines always seem to have. I've uninstalled every game and "app" possible. Disabling the network seems to make no difference. Windows update is a resource hog so consider turning it off temporarily. Airplane mode would also achieve that. After a couple of days testing, these fixes have certainly improved matters greatly. I still get occasional lock-ups but after several hours reliable performance.
Last edited by G4JUV on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason