Amazing what I've been missing!

Post your feedback here
jon

Amazing what I've been missing!

Post by jon » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:41 am

Over on eHam reviews, these comments are from new users on their recent RSP1A purchases:

"Amazing what I've been missing!
Hooked up the RSP-1A, with SDRuno & Omnirig, rig control and MFJ-1708B switch.Having a waterfall and spectrum display is amazing. I'm finally into the 21st century :) It was really easy to set up and use, lots of references if you need them. It's a pleasure "seeing" the stations and having the program control the rig (TS-2000) and then make the contact! This is my first experience with an SDR, so maybe It's a bit of "this is new" awe. Time will tell. "

and...

"Excellent.

picked up the rsp1a at Xenia. i was uncertain as to how easy set up would be, due to trying one of the cheaper chinese sdr units. spent more time trying to get it working than playing radio with it !
however, i had the rsp1a up and running in less than 5 mins, with uno. .....
for $104 dollars, this is the bees knees ! very sensitive, and with well chosen filtering. the nr and nb functions are very impressive.
so far tested on am broadcast (500khz to 1700khz). fm broadcast (88 to 108mhz) some shortwave bands on am and syncronous am, and of course, 160m thru 70cms. i did listen on 1,2ghz, but no activity there !
on hf, excellent performance, and air band, marine band, and 2m and 70 cms, all very fb.
for a receiver, at this price level, you are getting a lot of performance!
highly recommended if you do a lot of rxing, like me!
if you are unhappy with using the mouse to tune, or keyboard input, i believe you can also purchase a stand alone vfo knob! nice.
5 star all the way! "

Add your review on https://www.eham.net/reviews/products/8

Reason: No reason