2 more customer reviews

Post your feedback here
jon

2 more customer reviews

Post by jon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:30 pm

A couple of recent reviews from new RSP customers in the USA ......

W4IA Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2016 12:39
Great Panadapter Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered from HRO as an HF panadapter for my TS-590SG. It connects to the 590sg through the drv/ant connector. The software was easy to install after I carefully read about what sub-directory was used. Using HSDR software. The RSP works well even with the 3db reduction in sensitivity from the 590sg splitter. The splitter provides 20db isolation from the transmit signal protecting the SDR input. The little SDR is easy on PC usage and works fine with Windows 10.

It does just what I want...happy camper!

K7LZR Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2016 22:45
Good value for the money Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I took the plunge and bought one of these for various uses. I'm experienced with SDR systems, having owned several Flex units and a couple of other receivers in the past.

The SDRPlay RSP is a good performer if used with a suitable computer and good software. Best programs which I have found so far are SDR# and HDSDR. I've tried SDR-Console and found it cumbersome to use and too quirky for my taste.

Receive performance is very good. I use my SDRPlay for monitoring everything from local 2m FM to SWL to HF utility monitoring. Antennas used here are a Magnetic Loop and a Double Bazooka for HF, and a Discone for VHF & UHF.

I think that this little rig is very much worth its current selling price.
Last edited by jon on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason