Audio issue

Post your feedback here
Jibeji

Audio issue

Post by Jibeji » Fri May 20, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi,
I have just received my SDR Play and encounter an audio issue with the latest SDR Console release running on a Win 10 PC.
The audio signal has some scratches and microcuts. I wanted to record it to post here but the record does not have these scratches !
The computer is not overloaded at all (6% CPU, 6 GB free RAM, SSD disk)
Do you have any idea?
Last edited by Jibeji on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

jon

Re: Audio issue

Post by jon » Sat May 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Jibeji wrote:Hi,
I have just received my SDR Play and encounter an audio issue with the latest SDR Console release running on a Win 10 PC.
The audio signal has some scratches and microcuts. I wanted to record it to post here but the record does not have these scratches !
The computer is not overloaded at all (6% CPU, 6 GB free RAM, SSD disk)
Do you have any idea?
Are you using SDR Console Version 3? - You would be better off using production version 2.3 for a while yet.

There are many bugs in V3 Preview 1 - Even with Preview 2 released yesterday, there is still no direct frequency keyboard entry, but now you can move through quickly using the mouse on the frequency in the DSP side panel, and it will keep the active VFO in the waterfall window. Also, there is still an issue with the SDRPlay when tuning on center, if you hit the center icon, it will place your active VFO on top of the LO, so there is some distortion, so all I do is zoom in and then grab the bottom VFO slider and move slightly off center and the active VFO will be above or below the LO and then any distortion will be removed and you will have nice clean audio, Simon is working on a LO offset for future versions, with a user defined center offset of 20-50khz this will keep the LO away from your desired RX frequency. There will be an option eventually for using LowIF rather than ZeroIF also.
Please note that Preview 2 is not stable and not all V2.3 features are added, but the main additions are improved DSP, External Radio/Panadapter, RDS/StereoFM to name but a few, and this is not even at the Beta/Alpha stage yet.

If you are using Version 2.3, other things to try are reducing the bandwidth, turning off the LNA, and if that doesn't work, make sure you registered using the Start here menu on http://www.sdrplay.com/starthere.php and then email support@sdrplay.com for help _ we can definitely get you up and running.

Other real time help is also available from the independent FaceBook group on https://www.facebook.com/groups/sdrplay/

best regards, Jon
Last edited by jon on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Jibeji

Post by Jibeji » Sun May 22, 2016 5:19 pm

hi Jon,
I am using the version 2.3, I will contact the support (I don't have and I'll never have a Facebook account).
Thanks for your help.
Last edited by Jibeji on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

jon

Post by jon » Mon May 23, 2016 5:31 am

Jibeji wrote:hi Jon,
I am using the version 2.3, I will contact the support (I don't have and I'll never have a Facebook account).
Thanks for your help.

Other things to try are downloading the latest audio drivers (the standard Microsoft drivers can sometimes have problems) and making sure it isn't a specific USB hub problem - we have seen instances of slow USB buses - anyway support will help you through this. All the best, Jon
Last edited by jon on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.