DDE interface

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
ZL1VCC

DDE interface

Post by ZL1VCC » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:04 am

Hi,
I purchase the SDRplay RSP2 to use in an automated satellite telemetry receiver. I want to couple SDRUno to Orbitron for Doppler tracking
and am aware of a method using virtual serial ports. However I would like stick with a DDE interface as it is more generic.

I read somewhere that a DDE interface was on the roadmap. I dont see an option for DDE on the current version (`1.24.1), Is a DDE interface still on the roadmap?

73 Roger ZL1VCC
Last edited by ZL1VCC on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

OH2BUA

Re: DDE interface

Post by OH2BUA » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:45 am

Hi Roger,

unfortunately SDRuno is not very automation-friendly.

But have a look into HDSDR, it supports RSP2, DDE and Orbitron.

73, Jukka

RSP2user

Post by RSP2user » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:29 am

If you have a full-featured version of WXtoImage (or other software that uses a Kenwood command set and serial port interface for frequency control), you can use its Doppler capabilities to communicate with SDRuno and control the RSP2 frequency. WXtoImage, for example, will then automatically set up the frequency for the satellite that is passing over and adjust the frequency during the pass for Doppler shift. An article describing this operation is here: https://www.sdrplay.com/community/viewt ... f=5&t=2529 . Use of WXtoImage assumes that you are interested in receiving weather satellite APT images; however, for other applications if the software you are using has the ability to control the frequency of Kenwood receivers similarly using the serial port, note that SDRuno can be controlled using the Kenwood command set via its serial port interface. Refer to the aforementioned article for further information.

SDRnerd

Post by SDRnerd » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Roger, SDRconsole v3.03 has all you want build in as standard. No need for extra third party software.

Good luck!