RUNNING RSPDUO & RSP2 IN V1.3 SIMULTANEOUSLY

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Paul

RUNNING RSPDUO & RSP2 IN V1.3 SIMULTANEOUSLY

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:10 pm

Does anyone have a successful method of running an RSPDUO and RSP2 simultaneously under V1.3?
I have installed both separately in the SDRUNO directory, with the RSP2 in a subdirectory "RSP2."
Both the DUO & RSP2 work, but attempts to run both simultaneously results in one or the other crashing.
Still scratching my head...

Reason: No reason

MTG

Re: RUNNING RSPDUO & RSP2 IN V1.3 SIMULTANEOUSLY

Post by MTG » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:44 pm

I have the RSPDUO and RSP2 -Pro running on an early Beta version of 1.3. My system or the SDR set-up is a bit flakey I am waiting for a maintenance release rather than the latest v1.3 and hopefully that will work ok, i am using a reference clock for bothe pieces of hardware and this complicates the operation on a reboot.

I don't understand what you mean by installing "both seperately'": its the same version of SDRUno used for both pieces of hardware.

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:07 pm

Sorry if that was alittle unclear.
Initially, I installed V1.3, connecting both the RSPDUO and the RSP2 as usual when prompted.
One or the other operated OK- other crashes when attempting to initiate (usually first initiated works, second crashes, then both.
Next attempt installed the DUO first, then ran a second V1.3 instal for the RSP2 (into an UNO sub directory) with the same results.
Next attempt reinstalled V1.3 and the DUO yet again, subsequently simply connecing the RSP2 afterwards.
No difference - same results as before.
Independently, both work fine with any of these combinations.
There must be a way, but it eludes me at the moment.

MTG

Post by MTG » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:32 am

Paul,
I haven't got the release version of SDRUno installed yet. With a beta version, I have/had problems with the way that windows 10 recognised the devices as they were plugged in. For me it was necessary to clear the device drivers using Device Manager. I am told this would be solved in the release version of SDRUno. (well, as best as can be done when an external reference frequency is used!)

Have you raised the issue with a ticket to SDRPlay - very helpful chaps!

Mike

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:32 pm

Thanks for your response Mike
I have done several installs, reinstalls and I believe meticulously cleared any possible "leftovers."
My latest attempt has been a V1.3 re-installation of both the DUO and RSP2, in the same directory and simultaneously (i.e. both USB connections made at the prompt).
This was how I installed them initially and hasn't solved anything, but at least they do work, albeit independently.
Nothing has changed both the DUO and the RSP2 run correctly alone, but attempting to run both simultaneously are unsuccessful.
Attempting to run the second RX loaded fails to initiate.
To be honest, I've been delaying raising a ticket, wondering whether I have an "IT blindspot."

MTG

Post by MTG » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:56 pm

Hallo Paul,
Have you solved he issue yet.
I took the plunge and installed V1.3 and have the two RSPduo channels and one RSP2 Pro running properly now. I did find the procedure to reinstallation the hardware into the PC to be tricky. If you wish I could go through the routine I used?

glovisol

Post by glovisol » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:36 pm

Generally speaking, operating more than one RSP from one PC is outside my interests, however this thread made me wonder. I have three IBM X61 (old) laptops, two with Windows 7 currently busy with other projects and one with Windows XP, free at this time.

So I quickly installed SDRplay Ver. 1.3 on the XP. Unfortunately I do not have an RSP2, but I have an RSPduo and an RSP-1A. I USB connected one after the other (waiting for each driver to install) and clicked on the SDRplay icon. Instantly the selection window appeared (SCREEN 1). I chose the RSPduo and it immediately opened up and started working. I then clicked the SDRplay icon a second time and the RSP-1A immediately opened up and started working as soon as turned on. So I could verify that both receivers work normally at the same time under Ver.1.3 (SCREEN 2).

I do not know if it is a question of O.S., however with WXP it works perfectly.

My advice is to COMPLETELY ERADICATE SDRPLAY SOFTWARE FROM THE PC. SWITCH IT OFF AND THEN RE-INSTALL VER. 1.3. I experienced strange things with VER.3 until I cleaned up the PC's for good.
Attachments
Screen 1.jpg
Screen 1.jpg (74.81 KiB) Viewed 24125 times
Screen 2.jpg
Screen 2.jpg (191.97 KiB) Viewed 24125 times

MTG

Post by MTG » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:52 pm

Hallo glovisol ,

I completely agree with you comments about completely removing old software and rebooting before installation of the new. The "completely removing" includes the uninstalling of device drivers (including hidden devices) for RSPduo and RSP2 (or 1). I used windows device manager but I suspect that the SDRplay uninstall widgets would do the same job. This is more or less the advice I would give Paul if he needs it - but he probably would need more details.

My OS is Windows 10 so intersting that XP worked. Did you also switch the two channels of the Duo on?

Thanks for your comments as they add to the wider picture of operational experience.

Mike

Paul

Post by Paul » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Thank you for your inputs.
I beleive that I may well have a "local" issue with usb ports and am using V1.3 and 1.22 for the RSP's on separate directories for the meantime, but will continue attempting again as and when.