Does Anyone Use the Recording Feature?

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
VE9DAN

Does Anyone Use the Recording Feature?

Post by VE9DAN » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:47 pm

Typically, if I want to record something, I only want to record what I am hearing. I don't want to record everything else.
If some of you use the Recording Feature in Uno, please explain HOW you use it.

Reason: No reason

finndxer

Re: Does Anyone Use the Recording Feature?

Post by finndxer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:52 pm

In this video guide from at 17:20 has explainded how to record audio...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUYTVZpNLNQ
Last edited by finndxer on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:36 pm

The SDRuno recording system is an IQ recording (I now know what this means). FYI, in case uouy're unclear, this very flexible programme records everything across the spectrum range that you have selected.
The fact that it records everything is pretty irrrelevant, as you simply select the signal that you're interested in.
Of course there are other options outside of uno, such as "Audacity," that is a very fully featured recording programms, offering great flexibility and may be the sort of thing that you would prefer.

Mike2459

Post by Mike2459 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:10 am

If your looking for a recording program to do unattended recording (such as with the scan function). There is Scanrec (Scanner Recorder) and Vox Recorder, both freeware. Scanner recorder has been around for ages. I used it in the early 2000's maybe it was the 90's :P It will also create a log, as a text file, of the time of each transmission. It records one audio file with all transmissions on one recording. I believe it can add a beep tone to the beginning of each transmission, and has adjustable squelch levels. Google will find them both.