Scanning UHF Freqs appears not to work ?

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
stevejerome

Scanning UHF Freqs appears not to work ?

Post by stevejerome » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi,

A new member here, so my problem may be very daft ! Doing a memory scan of 10 UHF military freqs and at the same time scanning the same freqs on a Bearcat scanner.

The Bearcat will stop on an active freq but my RSP1a does not. And yet if I then stop scanning on the 1a, and click on the same active freq I can hear it fine ? It's as if by scanning the 1a is not stopping on any active freqs...?

Any guidance, much appreciated

Steve
Last edited by stevejerome on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: Scanning UHF Freqs appears not to work ?

Post by Tech_Support » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Hello Stevejerome
Have you set the threshold value correctly?

Post a screenshot of your configuration Window along with your SP1 display and people may be able to advise you.

Sincerely

Tech_Support

stevejerome

Post by stevejerome » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:18 pm

Hi,

I believe I have set the threshold correctly ; I have tried lower settings but this is the lowest it can go to keep the scan going. (I couldn't show every window as it says the file is too big to post !)

Thanks,

Steve
Attachments
UHF Scan.jpg
UHF Scan.jpg (422.05 KiB) Viewed 13194 times
Last edited by stevejerome on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:52 pm

Hello Stevejerome,
You have quite a low gain setting. Why did you set it so low? it will raise the noise floor significantly and degrade the SNR. I cannot see any signals that are greater than your threshold level in your SP1 window. I would try increasing your gain and lowering your threshold. You should aim the set the threshold about 10-15 dB above the noise floor as indicated by the power meter readout. If you can, go the maximum gain for the best noise performance.

Sincerely

Tech_Support