RX Output device - make the choice more immediate

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
I2SVA

RX Output device - make the choice more immediate

Post by I2SVA » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi all and Support,

this is a request to make the access to and the choice of the output device in SDR1 more easy and more immediate.
By using SDR1 with several different external programs by means of virtual audio cable it is quite common to have the need to switch from an output device to another one
Today this task is not immediate since it requests:
- In the RX Control: 2 clicks, the choice of the device, one more click to close the window
- In the MAIN window: two more clicks (STOP and PLAY).
I suggest to consider either:
- to bring the RX output device choice to the main RX Control device
- to add 7 more buttons in the MUTE row with the possibility to associate each button to a different Output device

Thanks!
Best 73,
Alessandro, I2SVA

Reason: No reason

Mike2459

Re: RX Output device - make the choice more immediate

Post by Mike2459 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:52 am

Isn't this a function of the audio device (the soundcard)? I'm sure there are high quality professional level sound cards that can do this.

I2SVA

Post by I2SVA » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:05 pm

Hi Mike, maybe my description was not clear enough. The issue is that if you have several audio card, virtual audio cables and audio devices (ie Microham or similar), you have to choose the proper i/f (in SDRUNO) based on what you need to do (ie listen to a SSB signal, decode RTTY with MTTY or other programs, decode CW with CWGet or CWSkimmer, decode images with KGSTV or other programs, etc etc..). This is done by the number of clicks that I described. 73. Alessandro I2SVA

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:38 pm

Hello Alessandro,
The process of changing the Audio Output Device has been simplified in release 1.31 and it is now no longer necessary to stop and restart the stream.

Sincerely

Tech_Support

I2SVA

Post by I2SVA » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi Support, thanks for the answer, I was reading the rel notes of 1.31 few minutes ago and noticed this good news! Best 73