Diversity Demo in Xenia

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
JJ_in_TN

Diversity Demo in Xenia

Post by JJ_in_TN » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:12 pm

Hi, this is for Andy.

I was one of those privileged few to see the diversity reception demonstration at Xenia Ohio at the Hamvention. I spoke at length to you about it. I was delighted with the conversation.

There is one bit from that conversation that I suspect you may wish you had not said, and that was your repeated assurances that we would see 1.32 in "two weeks". Based on that, I feel I may be forgiven for pointing out that it is nearly a month gone by, and respectfully requesting an update to the estimated release time. I had hoped to have diversity reception in play for the U.S. ARRL Field Day, which is this coming weekend. The demo was impressive and I hope you are not withholding this functionality until you "have it perfect". A Beta (Alpha?) release would be very much appreciated. We know it works!

Respectfully, and with admiration,
JJ

Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: Diversity Demo in Xenia

Post by sdrplay » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:00 am

We have been working hard on getting 1.32 released and after Dayton there were some changes that needed to be made to make the system more robust. The software has been with beta testers and we're working on the last few issues and hope to get it released asap.

Yes, I was convinced with our early testing that we were closer to getting it released than has been possible and I should have factored in that I would be at Friedrichshafen for a week as well.

Lesson learned, I won't be making predictions like that again, they inevitably come around to bite you.

Best regards,

Andy

JJ_in_TN

Re: Diversity Demo in Xenia

Post by JJ_in_TN » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:31 pm

Thanks Andy!!!
JJ