Problems with Memory Bank Files

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
wd8kel

Problems with Memory Bank Files

Post by wd8kel » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:14 pm

I'm running SDRuno on two different Win7Pro laptops and it works fine (OK, works fine with acknowledgement of the previously-mentioned bugs listed in other message threads) with one exception...

On one of the laptops, I was trying to edit one of the memory bank files; specifically, I was trying to copy an entry from one file to another using the clipboard. It seemed to be working fine, one line at a time, then something happened and the program terminated.

Now, when I start up SDRuno, everything works EXCEPT when I try to open or save a memory bank file. When I do, it gives me the following warning message: "SDRuno internal error: the application will terminate." If I change users and run the program (as the system administrator or not), I have no problem... ONLY under the user account where I first experienced the problem do I continue to have this issue. Rebooting doesn't solve the problem. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the program with no change. Run it under a different account and everything is fine... but not the one where I first experienced the problem. I can import a copy of the EiBi CSV file and it works, except for when I try to save it, then it crashes.

I can put the memory files on a thumbdrive and access them just fine from another user account, so it's not the files that are corrupt.

Obviously, the program is storing something somewhere with respect to memory bank files in that one user account, but I don't know what it is, or where it's at to either fix it or kill it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick, WD8KEl
Last edited by wd8kel on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: Problems with Memory Bank Files

Post by Tech_Support » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi Rick,
If you suspect any bugs in SDRuno, please email support@sdrplay.com as well as posting here and we will look into it.

This is a community forum and whilst we try to monitor all posts, there is always a chance that we could miss an important one.

Many thanks

SDRplay Tech_Support
Last edited by Tech_Support on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

wd8kel

Post by wd8kel » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:34 pm

Mea Culpa... I forgot.

I guess that's what happens when you first look to see if someone else has seen and solved the problem already... and forget to send stuff direct to the developers.

Hey, even if you don't catch it on the boards, at least you're making the attempt. There are too many that don't even make that effort.

Anyway, I sent it off to the Support email address, just to make sure. (And to help me remember to do it again, should the need ever arise.)

I guess it's worth saying here, I already like SDRuno better than the other programs out there. There are quirks with any program (most of them are really personal preferences), and SDRuno is no different, but with what I've seen so far, and where you guys are trying to take it, I'm sold on the effort.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

Rick, WD8KEL

wd8kel

Post by wd8kel » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:22 pm

For anyone else who runs across this problem...

++++++++++++++++
Hello Rick,

Yes, this is a known issue and will be fixed in the next release. Currently running SDRuno as Administrator is the best workaround.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

++++++++++++++++

Now you know.