RSP SPECTRUM ANALISER VER. 0.9 Vs. VER. 1.0

Information and discussions on Spectrum Analysis
glovisol

Re: RSP SPECTRUM ANALISER VER. 0.9 Vs. VER. 1.0

Post by glovisol » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi Steve,

I am happy (very!) to confirm that the Spectrum Analyser (tested at 5 MHz with generator) works perfectly well from - 70 dBm to + 10 dBm and the level shown is within 1 dB to that of my HP generator.

How stupid of me not to think about this simple test before! It would have saved me from worrying two days. So definitely it is not the same thing to sweep with noise generator or to sweep with tracking generator. I shall now go in depth into this problem.

Very many thanks,

Gianfranco

Reason: No reason

SteveAndrew

Re: RSP SPECTRUM ANALISER VER. 0.9 Vs. VER. 1.0

Post by SteveAndrew » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:02 am

glovisol wrote:Hi Steve,

I am happy (very!) to confirm that the Spectrum Analyser (tested at 5 MHz with generator) works perfectly well from - 70 dBm to + 10 dBm and the level shown is within 1 dB to that of my HP generator.

How stupid of me not to think about this simple test before! It would have saved me from worrying two days. So definitely it is not the same thing to sweep with noise generator or to sweep with tracking generator. I shall now go in depth into this problem.

Very many thanks,

Gianfranco
Hi Gianfranco

Good news indeed. You were not the only one worrying for a couple of days :lol:

I can't see that there should be much difference between sweeping with the tracking generator, or sweeping with a noise source, provided that the levels are within the range set by the reference level. I've got a noise generator, I'll have a look later when I get a chance.

Steve

Reason: No reason