Sorry .... SDRPlay & GNURADIO again ......

General discussions
ON5HB

Re: Sorry .... SDRPlay & GNURADIO again ......

Post by ON5HB » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:23 pm

You can and it's not even that hard.

Step 1: Install the RSPx HW/API driver 2.13 from the website.

Step 2: Clone and compile the SoapySDR latest version, Mint apt-get version does not work (yet)!

Step 3: Download and run the QubicSDR appimage.
( https://github.com/cjcliffe/CubicSDR/releases/tag/0.2.4 )

Viola, it runs in Linux. I use it in Ubuntu (Mint = same) and works very well.

If you need more help, just let me know.

Reason: No reason

StandingWave

Post by StandingWave » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:07 pm

If it were that simple I’m sure there would be no reason for such posts!

I have just followed the steps you outlined, as per the non windows workflow on the SDRplay website on my Mint 19 machine. All steps completed Ok but CubicSDR does not find the device, so it didn’t work for me. I have started a separate thread regarding my issue. It seems there might be an issue with the API being updated, but the CubicSDR image looking for the previous version:
https://www.sdrplay.com/community/viewt ... f=5&t=4138

However, the op was trying to get to gnuradio to work. Following the gnuradio workflow was going to be my next step, but I now see that this could be problematic as well....
Last edited by StandingWave on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

ON5HB

Post by ON5HB » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:55 pm

Well sorry it is that simple.

However a reboot after the API-HW install is a good idea.

SoapySDR is a bit tricky, but your must not install it via APT-GET as it doesn't support SDRplay yet in the repository.
That is the reason you do not see it in CubicSDR.

I never got GNU-Radio to work, that is not so much an SDR but a building-block to build radio's, it's way off Cubic or others.

Start simple....get Cubic to work and learn the basics first, GNU is a totally different animal....I do not even get it, while I do understand SDR.
But then, CLI compilers are easy, as soon as they got Visual like Visual-Basic or such, I got lost :lol: