Why do my posts suddenly need moderator approval?

General discussions
someYguy

Why do my posts suddenly need moderator approval?

Post by someYguy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:24 am

Happened twice in the SDRUno forum now........
Last edited by someYguy on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: Why do my posts suddenly need moderator approval?

Post by Tech_Support » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:43 am

Please see the following thread:

http://www.sdrplay.com/community/viewto ... f=6&t=4792

Sincerely

Tech_Support

ernestyn

Post by ernestyn » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:28 pm

I too have to wait, but is not long, but I have not seen any bad writings.
Last edited by ernestyn on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

someYguy

Post by someYguy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:54 pm

Tech_Support wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:43 am
Please see the following thread:

http://www.sdrplay.com/community/viewto ... f=6&t=4792

Sincerely

Tech_Support
I understand. Sorry that it has come to this :(.
Last edited by someYguy on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

glovisol

Post by glovisol » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:08 am

This is, I believe, an adult's forum, with a majority of responsible participants, who are the real owners of the forum and its contents. This preventive censorship procedure is humiliating both for the censor and for the participants and this is the reason why I stopped my contributions.

This procedure should be eliminated forthwith. In all fairness I am curious to see if this post will be censored as well. It should not, as it does not contain offensive arguments, nor does it stray from the matter examined.

glovisol
Last edited by glovisol on Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:44 am

Unwanted as it is, I think censorship is sometimes necessary. In this case it was certainly warranted, as the board became throttled by a long-running slanging-match between two posters, and it became quite unpleasant at times.
The board is also subject to attacks from advertisers and people who seem intent on disrupting the normal and useful proceedings. If posts have to be approved before they appear, then that's the way it is. Most approved posts appear within a few minutes.
Last edited by g1hbe on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Andy

sdrom33

Post by sdrom33 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:35 pm

The dignity of forum members is far more important than squabbles between disagreeing parties. The introduction and continued usage of prior censorship shows that forum members are not trusted by forum moderation and management. This is a big victory obtained by those whose interest was and is to depreciate and/or shoot our forum down.

Since censorship started, our forum looks flatter and deader by the day: this is the result of forced conformity. Very few dare to complain, while the best have left already.

I do hope that trust and common sense will in the end prevail.
Last edited by sdrom33 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:48 pm

We do not censor posts. We only disallow posts that breach our forum rules. We have been very clear as to what those rules are. This action would never have been necessary had certain individuals respected the forum rules, which despite repeated requests, they didn't.

It is ironic that some of the people who are complaining about this change in policy are the very same people who have in the past lobbied to have posts removed because they disagreed with the content, not because they breached the forum rules.

Anyone who believes that we will simply change this policy because of aggressive lobbying are sadly mistaken.

Sincerely

Tech_Support

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:14 am

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
A no win situation...
Last edited by Paul on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

sdrom33

Post by sdrom33 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:14 am

Dear Tech_Support,

I sincerely hope the forum situation has not deteriorated to the point that this reply, written in the spirit of constructive criticism, will not be published.

I have simply expressed a negative opinion on this new forum policy, exactly as g1hbe expressed a positive opinion on the same subject, precisely as I might freely express my views on any technical matter. I really do not understand why I am now being accused of "aggressive lobbying". The same goes for being accused of “lobbying” in the past, for having made avail of a facility supplied by the forum itself, namely the “report” facility, which is a different thing altogether from prior censorship.

I expressed my opinion in good faith, with the intent of helping this forum to find its best identity and policy under the circumstances and your (perhaps too harsh comments) really surprised me. Always with the intent to help, I urge you to please consider that with the new policy no forum member is really sure of what is actually being published and what is being disallowed, surely nothing to be happy about.
We have been very clear as to what those rules are
Please forgive me, but nowhere in the forum, apart from your own posts, this “very clear set of rules” can be found…….Perhaps publishing a set of rules in the forum would really be of help.
We do not censor posts. We only disallow posts that breach our forum rules.(?)
I hope I will be allowed to disagree. As far as the meaning of the verb "to censor" is concerned, with due respect, the Cambridge Dictionary and Thesaurus seem to agree with the meaning generally expressed by all in this thread, for the simple reason (among very many others) that the verb “to disallow” is simply a synonym of verb “to censor”.

Definition of verb "to censor" by Cambridge Dictionary:
Censor. verb [ T ] uk /ˈsen.sə r/ us /ˈsen.sɚ/ (…..) to remove text considered unsuitable from private letters or prohibit unsuitable messages (….)
Forbidding and banning things
disallow
disqualification
outlaw
prohibit

I do sincerely hope my appeal will not be taken as "aggressive lobbying", but as an attempt to clarify and correct an embarrassing situation, which problem, once solved, will allow us to proceed in general goodwill and friendship, like(apart a very few exceptions) in the past.

Kind regards,

sdrom33
Last edited by sdrom33 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.