API /Driver Issue

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
sdrplay

API /Driver Issue

Post by sdrplay » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:36 am

Hi all, I''m a long time swl with old gig and now i''m launching on the SDR technology.\n\nI''m a fresh owner of a SDRPlay unit.\n\nActually I''m pulling my hairs the get it work on my Asus G75VW laptop Under Windows 7 64 Bits\n\nThe device is not recognised either by API evaluation tool or SDR# or SDR-Radio console.\n\nI''ve installed the API/Driver and SDR# on my old XP tower and it work fine. So this eliminate the hardware side.\n\nSomeone have a idea to get it work on Windows 7 64bits\n\nStill have two more laptop to try it ( one Under Vista another Under Windows 8 ) but want it work on my Asus.\n\nPS: Excuse my English I''m a french speaking guy from Québec in Canada\n\nThanks in Advance\n

sdrplay

Re: API /Driver Issue

Post by sdrplay » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi there, I have SDRplay installed with sdr# on a win7 64 bits.\nI guess the problem is due to a general issue of usb under win. I mean, after some time of use of an usb port\n(I mean plug in an usb device then another then an other...) after some time the usb port do not recognise some device. I solve my problem in this way: go to >>> control panel >>> device manager >>> then scroll down the list of devices till to "usb controllers". Under this you find some entry for usb hub etc etc\nright clic and uninstall. Those entries will be re-created when you plug in an usb devices. \nI do not know if this can solve your issue. Good luck. \nPS: english is nor my language but I''m not able to speak french ... so... :-)\n73

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:07 pm

Thanks Nemo for the reply....\n\nWhen I plug the device it is recognized in the device manager list Under the Audio, Video, Game group.\nThe linked flag; in the registry base; also turn from 0 to 1 when I plug the device and from 1 to 0 when I unplug it. \n\nIt look to be deeper than that in the software.\n\nIt like if the Driver don''t talk to the API or something like that. \n\nI''ve been able to run it on other machines. ( XP ( tower ), Vista 32bits ( laptop ) and Win8 64bits ( laptop )) even in Virtual XP on VMware on my Asus laptop.\n\nBut Up to now I didn''t get it running directly on Win7 64bits on my Asus laptop.\n\nI''m acctually in contact with Ian Harvey from SDRPlay support team.\n\nUnfortunately everythings we tried to slove the situation didn''t work up to now.\n\nGood Holidays season to everybody who read this. :-h

Quimquim

Post by Quimquim » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:50 pm

hi All,
finally it was a driver issue with USB 3 ports.

Following the description of the problem by Ian Harvey who sent me an update driver who work perfectly with USB 3 ports.

=============================================================================================================================
Glad to hear it is all working fine now. The problem was due to bug in the driver that meant the device was not coming out of suspend properly when plugged into a USB3.0 port. The device will go into suspend within 30s if it is not used. As you noted though if the device is used within 30s it will not go into suspend and work correctly. This is what was happening if you started the software and then plugged the device in, it prevented the device going into suspend and all worked well, until you stopped actively using the device and the host controller would force it into suspend and the driver was unable to wake it. The 0x16 you saw in the log file you created occurred when a command was sent and was not recognised from the USB host controller because it was unable to talk to the device.
==============================================================================================================================

So if you have any problem with the device, don't hesitate the ask for help they give good support.

Regards,

Quimquim :D
Stay tuned !!!! :mrgreen:

Quimquim :P