RSPduo and other software

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
Bosque

Re: RSPduo and other software

Post by Bosque » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:47 am

Roger wrote:
Bosque wrote: I had planned to use one tuner for general SWLing and the other as a signal source for a panadapter/waterfall display. While I have been able to use the RSPduo as a SW receiver and am very impressed, my principal purpose in buying the unit was for the panadapter/waterfall display use in contesting and DXing. . . .
You can do everything you want with SDRuno right now. Use one tuner for general SWLing and the other for your panadapter. Use Tuner 1 (Hi-Z or Ant A) for SWLing in one instance of SDRuno and then use another SDRuno instance with Tuner 2 to connect to your ham rig IF, RX out or SDR switch as a panadapter. Each VRX has the ability to set audio outputs and separate Omni-Rig or Cat support...
I'm sorry I didn't make myself more clear. When contesting, I use N1MM+ for logging. The RSPduo was meant to be the receiver for an integrated bandscope and waterfall. For DXing the duo was meant to be integrated with a Skimmer. Both of these goals require an EXTIO.

Bosque (K4XL)
Last edited by Bosque on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Roger

Post by Roger » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:40 pm

Bosque wrote: I'm sorry I didn't make myself more clear. When contesting, I use N1MM+ for logging. The RSPduo was meant to be the receiver for an integrated bandscope and waterfall. For DXing the duo was meant to be integrated with a Skimmer. Both of these goals require an EXTIO.
Bosque (K4XL)
SDRuno will easily connect to N1MM+ for logging via the CAT interface or are you connecting to your ham rig with N1MM+??

Is the reason that you need the Extio.dll is so you can run HDSDR and connect that to Skimmer?

ericfurn

Post by ericfurn » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:25 pm

There an extio posted now on the rsp site. I tried it with HDSDR. It sort of works until I try to change freqs, then it locks up. It makes the duo inop even back in sdruno. I have to reinstall sdruno to get it back. I think it leaves the hardware in some strange state. I get an api error until I reinstall. SDRConsole still not seeing the duo even with the version on the sdrplay site. The rsp 2 still works ok. Also I have the linux version working good with the duo, better than the rsp2 even.
Interesting times.
Eric WA3UYI
Last edited by ericfurn on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:20 pm

Hello Eric,
The hardware is in no way affected by any software. The problem you describe sounds like some of the registry settings for HDSDR are in a bad state for the RSPduo. If you navigate to the directory where your ExtIO plugin was first installed, you will see a batch file called: delete_RSPduo_settings.bat

Try running this batch file before you re-start HDSDR.

Also, you should never have to reinstall SDRuno. The problem you describe implies that the Windows service that manageds access to the hardware crashed when you had problems with HDSDR. Rather than re-installing the software, simply try running the RestartService batch file in the SDRuno directory.

Finally, please note that because of the multi-tuner architecture of the RSPduo and the need for interoperability between applications, before trying to use the ExtIO plugin, you must upgrade to the latest versions of SDRuno and Dump1090 if you want to also use these applications. They all need to use the same version of the API and Windows service.

Sincerely

Tech_Support

ericfurn

Post by ericfurn » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:35 pm

OK Running the batch file seems to work. Although sometimes I cannot change frequency and have to restart HDSDR it mostly works now.
Thanks.

ericfurn

Post by ericfurn » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:59 pm

the restart services batch file returns api not restarted. I can restart the service with task manager, that works ok. HDSDR is a mess. Cannot control frequency and if I use extio to change port the api service stops every time. SDRuno works better anyway so I'll just use that.
Eric WA3UYI

SDRnerd

Post by SDRnerd » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:30 pm

@ Tech support,

Is the new API/extio update usable for HDSDR? It is a .exe file but I already updated SDRuno to the new v1.24 so the drivers are already installed. As far as can remember HDSDR uses separate drivers (dll) that can be selected in the input window when starting the program.

How do I go about?

Best 73' Ron

OH2BUA

Post by OH2BUA » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:16 am

Hi,

yes the new ExtIOs (all RSP models) work with HDSDR.

Just copy the DLL to the directory at where your HDSDR.exe resides.

73, Jukka

Conrad Farlow

Post by Conrad Farlow » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:47 pm

Is the dual tuner mode guaranteed to be coherent and can I stream 2 pairs of coherent IQ data?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Daveyc

Post by Daveyc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Conrad Farlow wrote:For my application I need a ExtIO dll so that I can use 2 phase coherent receivers directly in Linrad. I don't want the unnecessary step of streaming baseband data from SDRUno. This is for adaptive EME with an Xpol system on 432 MHz.

I hope that it comes soon.

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Me Too :)
73 Dave ZL2MQ
Last edited by Daveyc on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.