Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:51 pm


Postby G4GXO » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:58 pm


I'm trying to get an RSP1A working with GQRX. I'm aware that some have managed this but just how eludes me so far! The host machine is a venerable Dell Vostro 1500 Laptop running Linux Mint 18.1. GQRX 2.11.5 is installed and running with an RTL-SDR V3. I've installed the SDRPlay API and Soapy. Running the lsusb in terminal finds the connected RSP1A. When I run "SoapySDRUtil -probe=sdrplay" the RSP1A is found and a screen report is printed in the terminal window. Setting the device string in GQRX to "soapy=0,device=sdrplay" and pressing start --- nothing happens!

Any help appreciated


Ron Taylor
Last edited by G4GXO on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:13 pm
Location: Western Germany, near Belgian border

Re: RSP1A and GQRX

Postby fotoralf » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:32 am

Try this: start GQRX, quit it immediately and start it again. That's the way it has to be done with the Mac version. It's a known bug there.


Reason: No reason

Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:32 am

Re: RSP1A and GQRX

Postby CopyLion » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:26 am

Running Manjaro Linux, here. The only way I found to get full functionality was to download the gqrx-sdr-2.11.5-linux-x64.tar.xz file at the sourceforge site, extract and run from the folder.
If running Mint, you could try the PPA mentioned at and see if that works.
Last edited by CopyLion on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Return to “SDRplay related”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests