rsp_tcp setup with websdr

Add useful snippets of code or links to entire SDR projects.
Jean Darmont

rsp_tcp setup with websdr

Post by Jean Darmont » Wed May 29, 2019 1:05 pm

Hi,

I try to acheive my setup in order to run my websdr server in conjunction with my RSP1A.I think i installed all needed pieces of software in order to make it work, and it does. The rsp1a talk with the server side but the result is just bad. The waterfall is dark blue, a very few signals are coming on the screen and audio, is not so good. I run all this on Debian and use rsp_tcp standard mode.The websdr is intended to listen for UHF band, so i think i'm probably wrong in my settings with my init.sh ( inspired from Bas's config files ) >

#!/bin/bash

killall -KILL websdr64
killall -KILL rtl_tcp

cd /root/websdrtlsdr/dist11

### Direct sampling setting, niet nodig met upconverter
# screen -dmS rtl_tcp rtl_tcp -D 2

### Normale sampling met up-converter
#screen -dmS rtl_tcp80m rtl_tcp -p 1234 -d 1

### 70cm Dongle
screen -dmS rtl_tcp2m rtl_tcp -p 1234 -d 0

sleep 4
screen -dmS websdr ./websdr64

### Nodig vanwege bug in websdr met progfreq + upconverter
sleep 4
#killall -KILL rtl_tcp

#screen -dmS rtl_tcp2m rtl_tcp -g 38 -p 1234 -d 0

exit

My websdr.cfg file seems to be ok, device !rtlsdr 127.0.0.1:1234, with samplerate 2048000 .I'm missing something ! any help is welcome and appreciated ! Have a good day, 73's from Jean. F1032SWL

nb : i tried the 3 versions of rsp_tcp, the one from Bas, OH5HB, sdrplay, and from Nicolas F4HH with about the same results.
Last edited by Jean Darmont on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

ON5HB

Re: rsp_tcp setup with websdr

Post by ON5HB » Wed May 29, 2019 2:37 pm

You need some different settings then I use.

First of all, you need to compile the rsp_tcp and call it as such.

Then call it like this from the websdr.cfg:

Code: Select all

#######################################################
# RSP1A 0-2
#######################################################
band RSP1A 0-2MHz
device !rtlsdr 127.0.0.1:1234
samplerate 2048000
centerfreq 1024
# progfreq 126024.25 only for upconverters!
antenna G5RV antenna at 70m ASL - 15m AGL horizontal - between 2 big trees - SDRplay RSP1A receivers
gain -28
allowwide
#extrazoom 1
noiseblanker 80
hpf 300
Beware of the gain, that does NOT control the RSP-device but just colors the waterfall and s-meter, it's cosmetic only.

Try calling rsp_tcp like this: rsp_tcp -p 1234 -A38
See what happens.

My version is optimised for websdr and you only need to pass the GAIN controls if signals are weak or too strong, then when you found the right rx-sensitivity and only then adjust the gain in websdr.

Best sample-rates used are 2048000 or 1536000

Let me know if you need more help, more then happy to get your websdr going the way it should.

Also, you could start the RSP1A with a start stop-script in /etc/init.d/ gode for this is: https://github.com/ON5HB/rsp_tcp/blob/master/rsp_tcp_1

Beware, my version is very different from the others, it's specially tuned and adjusted for websdr.org it also does not contain the same settings and values.

Jean Darmont

Post by Jean Darmont » Wed May 29, 2019 4:47 pm

Hello Bas,

Many thanks for your help and advices, it works fines, but surprisingly, not as well as with my RT820 dongle.
The fact is that i of course have to fine tune the settings in order to make it run the way i would like.
Just the time for me to understand all possibilities and to test it ! I feel confident about the fact that i will find "the magic rules".

Thanks you again for your work, without forgetting Nicolas F4HH of course.I was waiting for such a solution to interface rsp with websdr, you both did the job ! thank you to the sdrplay team too of course !

73's From Jean F1032SWL
Last edited by Jean Darmont on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

ON5HB

Post by ON5HB » Wed May 29, 2019 5:43 pm

Where is the link to your websdr? I would love to have a look at it.

Also the chatbox has a problem with spammer, I made a spam-filter for it, if you want it, let me know then I send you the code.

Trust me, the websdr-spammer will find you as soon as you publish your receiver.

Jean Darmont

Post by Jean Darmont » Wed May 29, 2019 6:21 pm

Yes , i know Bas about the spammers !if you have something, yes you can send it to me of course.
The link to the server is here :http://taapuna.hd.free.fr:8073/receiver.html

It is on PMR Bands at the moment.

Jean.

ON5HB

Post by ON5HB » Wed May 29, 2019 7:07 pm

Goto websdr-base.js......change this code:

Code: Select all

function chatnewline(s)
// called by updates fetched from the server
{
  var o=document.getElementById('chatboxnew');
  if (!o) return;
  if (s[0]=='-') {
     // remove line from chatbox
     var div=document.createElement('div');
     div.innerHTML=s;
     s=div.innerHTML;
     var re=new RegExp('<br>'+s.substring(1).replace(/[\-\[\]\/\{\}\(\)\*\+\?\.\\\^\$\|]/g, "\\$&")+'.*','g');
     o.innerHTML=o.innerHTML.replace(re,'<br>');
     return;
  }
  // chatbox-anti-spam - replaces part of the chat string with new line...very raw but works - Maintained by ON5HB
  var spam=s.toLowerCase();
  if (spam.includes("v.ht/")) {s="Automated Spammer Detection activated! Bye bye spamdude :-)";}
  if (spam.includes("fr49.ru/")) {s="Automated Spammer Detection activated! Bye bye spamdude :-)";}
  if (spam.includes("worty.co/")) {s="Automated Spammer Detection activated! Bye bye spamdude :-)";}
  if (spam.includes("ruslekar.com/")) {s="Automated Spammer Detection activated! Bye bye spamdude :-)";}
  if (spam.includes("радиомагазин")) {s="Automated Spammer Detection activated! Bye bye spamdude :-)";}
  if (spam.includes("hamradio.top/")) {s="Automated Spammer Detection activated! Bye bye spamdude :-)";}
  if (spam.includes("bit.ly/")) {s="Automated Spammer Detection activated! Bye bye spamdude :-)";}

// add line to chatbox
  o.innerHTML+='<br>'+s+'\n';
  o.scrollTop=o.scrollHeight;
}

After the spammer is gone.....if he comes again, add more lines.

Jean Darmont

Post by Jean Darmont » Thu May 30, 2019 5:01 am

Good morning Bas,

Thank you for you anti-spam filter i add it to my .js !
Enjoy your day ;-)) i'm still following things related to websdr and RSP.

Thank you again for your help and your work, gonna work on DMR server stuff today ;-))

See you Bas

73's From Jean F-1032SWL

ON5HB

Post by ON5HB » Thu May 30, 2019 8:56 am

If you need help, my email is listed on my websdr.

Good luck with the project.