re: having to reset to defaults on sdruno start up

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
dougarz

re: having to reset to defaults on sdruno start up

Post by dougarz » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:14 pm

Not sure why I need to do this every time I start sdruno 1.3. If I don't, sound is garbled
and audio bandwidth center is way off. I don't change anything really. Maybe I should mention
also have new Rsp1a. Was using older version sdruno with rtl sdr previously and did not have this issue.
Anyone else run into this?
Last edited by dougarz on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Ruben_NB4R

Re: re: having to reset to defaults on sdruno start up

Post by Ruben_NB4R » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:20 am

Yes, I am having the same issue. Next time, before resetting to default. Try changing from Low IF to Zero IF or vice versa and see if your audio will clear up. This prevents me from having to reset Sdruno to defaults.

RichardG062

Post by RichardG062 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:51 pm

I had the same issue, if I started in the 40m amateur band audio was fine but switching to one of the saved frequencies audio was garbled. Switching to Zero IF fixed the issue. But sometimes when opening again it has reset back to Low IF? Other times it opens it works as normal.
Also when closing down SDRUNO v1.3 sometimes it states the panel has changed - do you want to save changes, if you select yes it appears to want to save it as a bank of frequencies rather than all settings?

Richard Griffith

dougarz

Post by dougarz » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:07 pm

Well, I feel a bit better knowing I am not alone. Of course, started up fine tonight on 80m then switched over to
hf broadcast bands and all was ok also. Thanks for suggestions, I will try some of them when sdruno does not start
properly.
Anyone try a reinstall yet? Not that one should have to do that.
Last edited by dougarz on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Paul

Post by Paul » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:53 am

RichardG062 wrote:I had the same issue, if I started in the 40m amateur band audio was fine but switching to one of the saved frequencies audio was garbled. Switching to Zero IF fixed the issue. But sometimes when opening again it has reset back to Low IF? Other times it opens it works as normal.
Also when closing down SDRUNO v1.3 sometimes it states the panel has changed - do you want to save changes, if you select yes it appears to want to save it as a bank of frequencies rather than all settings?
When in scanning mode the RSP will populate a new memory panel unless one is acanning a memory bank (rather than just accessing a saved frequency); uno will then offer the opportunity to save any freqs in the new bank.
Early days yet - still (very much) learning...

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:44 am

The only odd things I've found so far are
1. RF gain all the way to max on startup, causing overloading. I have to reset it to half way every time.
2. There is an 'unused window' left in the taskbar after shutdown which I have to clear manually before next use.
3. When changing modes, sometimes I am presented with some odd step sizes. I've tried working out what's happening, but it's so random it's hard to draw any conclusion.
None of these are serious and all are easily corrected, but it does lead to a certain amount of sighing...

Andy

Mike2459

Post by Mike2459 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:50 am

In addition to the information Paul has provided, the memory warning will appear if any changes, even benign ones like a minor edit, are made to any of the memory banks. It's a welcome feature. In the past I have entered info into a memory bank and then lost my work because it was not saved.
This warning is not related in any way to any of SDRUno's program settings.

Paul

Post by Paul » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:43 pm

g1hbe wrote:The only odd things I've found so far are
1. RF gain all the way to max on startup, causing overloading. I have to reset it to half way every time.
2. There is an 'unused window' left in the taskbar after shutdown which I have to clear manually before next use.
3. When changing modes, sometimes I am presented with some odd step sizes. I've tried working out what's happening, but it's so random it's hard to draw any conclusion.
None of these are serious and all are easily corrected, but it does lead to a certain amount of sighing...
1. Same here
2. Not yet observed
3.SO FAR, the step sizes that I've set seem to be recalled automatically, although perhaps that's not what you meant.
By the way, for perhaps interest only, if you recall my Wellbrook HI-Z saga with the RSP2 (never solved), it worked first time with the RSPduo without issue or changing anything.

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:00 am

Thanks for the input Paul.

On point 2, I think I'll do a temporary install on my other laptop to see if I get the same problem. The one I routinely use is a skanky old i3 that's had so many bits of doubtful software shoved on it it must be near death.
Re 3 (step sizes), the latest one was a 5kHz step being selected when I was using SAM. I hadn't selected that size, it just appeared after I'd come from a different mode. I corrected it to 1kHz (OK for MW listening) and tried to provoke it, but it worked perfectly. So random it's almost impossible to force it. Not that it's a problem really.

Andy

Paul

Post by Paul » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:09 am

Hi Andy
Re: Point 2
Was I too fast to press? This referred to the RSPduo - I will check on the RSP2 later (after the gardening)....