Frequency shift for LNB/Es'Hail

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
dg7yeo

Frequency shift for LNB/Es'Hail

Postby dg7yeo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:59 am

Hi,
as I have the same issue in several SDR programms looks to me like an issue with the driver, so I posted here.

I using a SDRplay RSP1A to receive Es'Hail2/QO-100 which working fine, but when I try to enter the LO Frequency shift to get the correct Frequency shown this wont work. If I use lower values i.e. 150MHz it works OK, so seems to be a limitation of the needed value of 9750MHz

Tested with SDRuno 1.22, SDRconsole V3

Is there any way to work around this limitation? Or do I need some updated drivers?

vy73
DG7YEO
Last edited by dg7yeo on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

g4rqi

Re: Frequency shift for LNB/Es'Hail

Postby g4rqi » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:17 am

Hello...

Re. when I try to enter the LO Frequency shift to get the correct Frequency shown this wont work

I have just getting this working this morning and I have given up. Did you get this working in the end or receive a reply?

73 David - G4RQI
Last edited by g4rqi on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

dg7yeo

Postby dg7yeo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Hi,
I opened as well a support ticket and response was

Thank you for contacting SDRplay Support. Yes, having the final VFO frequency displayed is a limitation within SDRuno. This is something we are looking to add into a future release of SDRuno.

I do not have a release timeframe.

From my view this is not only a issue of SDRuno, it seems to be a driver issue as I have same with other SDR software, so seems to be a driver issue.
As long as the real Frquenzy is within the RX range of the SDRplay it works as it should, as soon as I use a LO bring me out of the RX range it won't work.

vy73
DG7YEO
Last edited by dg7yeo on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

GM7PBB

Postby GM7PBB » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:59 pm

Any update on this issue? bit strange when a £20 dongle works better that a £250 unit with Oscar100/Es'Hail2 hmmm thought I had found a use of the SDRPlay but looks not, back on the self it goes :-)
Last edited by GM7PBB on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

sdrplay

Postby sdrplay » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:22 pm

Maybe my misunderstanding, but there is no fault with the RSP product or the drivers. As long as the specified RF frequency to the RSP API is within the 1 kHz to 2 GHz range that we say on our datasheets, then the API and the RSP will function correctly.

SDRuno is a free download, it's not part of our product offering and there are other SDR software packages available.

SDRuno doesn't display frequency values above 2 GHz and that will be something that we look at in the future. All SDR software that I am aware of that have an offset facility, deal with the offset internally and preset the offset RF frequency to the API - that would be the sensible thing to do.

You can just tune SDRuno to the offset RF frequency and it will work fine.

Best regards,

Andy

Return to “SDRplay related”